"Policy Advocacy, Legal & Regulatory Advisory Services, Credit Management, Networking and Growth Opportunities"
- IBDF’s sole goal is to collectively improve the governance-bound economic growth prospects of its members by helping open gateways to revenue opportunities that matter.
- Every issue is dealt with through a working team, a committee, a task force or by the all-important team of office-bearers to arrive at conclusions and take them forward.
- The Foundation Office ensures that consensus is built through discussions, dialogues, research presentations, white papers and the like.
- IBDF helps manage credit and collections with advertising agencies and its effectiveness keeps improving regularly
- IBDF has helped move the sector to net bill advertising agencies and effectively end an old practice that keeps returning with questions from the tax authorities on a regular basis
- IBDF manages content complaints on its member channels through the Broadcast Content Complaints Council. With the kind of responsible self-regulation this can deliver, the effectiveness of the industry and the standards it would portray can become exemplary. A similar Self-Regulatory Body has been established for non-news OCCPs by IBDF called Digital Media Content Regulatory Council (DMCRC).
- IBDF helps manage industry issues through several active committees, e.g., legal, distribution, credit management and audience measurement management. Each such committee helps resolve issues such as extended-brand advertising, suing bodies that are illegally causing problems for the industry, taking up issues with the Government, et al.