Leveraging the collective power
The shifting dynamics of Government objectives and the ensuing changes in economic policies, laws and regulations can have a critical impact on the health and future of broadcast and content creation business.
Maintaining a competitive edge in the face of anticipated or unexpected changes in the regulatory framework requires more than vigilance.
IBDF endeavours to proactively create opportunities and strategies, and persuasive advocacy at the highest levels of government using its understanding of governmental operations and political perspectives with significant knowledge of evolving needs of the businesses to advance strategic objectives of the sector and present coherent solutions to problems.
Being the industry body, IBDF provides a platform for its members to ideate and collaborate on crafting policies and positions on legislative, regulatory and operational issues impacting your industry. IBDF partners with its members to present the industry’s voice on critical issues before policymakers, to help shape conducive policies through careful, strategic positioning.
Over the years IBDF has represented the broadcast sector on the following fronts:
- Pay TV Tariff/Interconnection & other related issues
- Streamlining of Licensing/Renewals/Security Clearance Process
- Amendments to the Cable Act & Rules
- Amendments to Uplinking/Downlinking Guidelines
- Audience Measurement
- National Broadcast Policy
- Satellite related issues
- E-Commerce Policy
- Impetus on FDIs in the sector
- Protection of Intellectual Property Rights
- Implementation of Digitization
- DAVP rates and overdues
- GST – Recommendations to the GST Council
- Refinements in Policy Guidelines for Uplinking and Downlinking of TV Channels
- Nepal Clean Feed Policy
- Grant of Infrastructure Status for Broadcast Sector
- Impact of Krishi Kalyan Cess
- Duties on STBs to be reduced to zero
- CBFC reforms – Recommendations to the Shyam Benegal Committee
- Set up of Self-Content Regulatory bodies for Linear TV - Broadcasting Content Complaints Council (BCCC) and for Digital Media - Digital Media Content Regulatory Council (DMCRC)
- Statutory recognition for BCCC
- Direct Tax related issues
- Brand Extension Advertisements
- Accessibility Standards for Hearing Impaired
- Media Ownership
- Ease of Doing Business
- Infrastructure Sharing - MSOs /HITS Operators
- Feedback to the Parliamentary Standing Committee on IT - Copyright Act Amendments
- Digital Rights Management
- Issues related to 5G Implementation
- Linear & Digital Piracy
- NCPCR's Draft Regulatory Guidelines for Child Participation in the Entertainment Industry or any Commercial Entertainment Activity
- Regulatory framework of "Platform Services offered by Multi-System Operators"
- CCI Study on “Market study on the Film Distribution Chain in India”
- Representations to the Government on various consultations & challenges faced by sector